(October 26, 2019) Dr Jim McClure, straight shooting theologian, challenges brave Christians…
In 1931 the author Aldous Huxley wrote a novel called Brave New World (a phrase he borrowed from William Shakespeare). In his novel Huxley presented an alarming vision of the future.
But not even Huxley imagined a world intent on self-destruction by pursuing goals and embracing tainted ideals that ultimately result in dehumanisation.
Age of deception
We are living in an age when a spirit of deception is sweeping the world and millions of people are being caught up in it.
Atheistic Marxist philosophy, which is committed to social transformation, has penetrated and perverted a wide range of social values and scientific theory with the inevitable consequence of social instability and hostility.
How effective the media has been in disseminating this false gospel of social manipulation –
- Movies and television series frequently (and inevitably) include sub-agendas that drip-feed incorrect information and corrupt values with the purpose of radically changing good and Godly principles that have served individuals and nations well for many centuries.
- Television, radio and newspaper reports are increasingly interpretations of facts designed to shape the opinions of those who want to know what is really happening in the world. A duplicitous use of adjectives and adverbs in those news reports often corrupts the information from the dissemination of ‘facts’ to ‘propaganda.’
- Advertisements for various products now often also include an emphasis on the themes of political correctness.
- Gender identity, which once was absolutely a no-brainer, is now fraught with confusion. In a recent health and education film produced by the BBC a little boy asks, ‘What are the different gender identities?’ The reply was, ‘We know that we gave got male and female but there are over 100, if not more, gender identities new.’ And this toxic and confusing nonsense is being widely spread throughout society!
- Gay marriage is now legal in many Western countries today – but because it is legal does not make it right or morally advantageous. In our crazy upside down world men can now have husbands! Women can have wives. And on some birth certificates women who give birth to a child are listed as the father!
- Abortion of healthy babies is now considered as a ‘woman’s right’ – clearly the dehumanised unborn child has no rights! So-called ‘planned parenthood’ has led to sex-selection abortions and also the abominable trade of harvesting the body parts of aborted children to be used in operations. This must be considered as one of the worst examples of the betrayal of innocence.
- Voluntary euthanasia, that is, the assisted suicide of people who have decided that they no longer wish to live, is being widely embraced by many governments today and is promoted as a caring thing to offer. When this repulsive practice of ‘murder’ of the vulnerable is permitted by legislation, the inevitable ‘safeguards’ are so modified that they become meaningless.
- ‘Global warming’ is the ‘clarion call’ of activists worldwide and to date to question the integrity of the science behind the slogan is tantamount to heresy! What a strange world we are living in when a 16 year-old is invited to address the United Nations and in a highly emotional speech condemns world leaders who give her a standing ovation. However the ‘global warming’ philosophy is the carrier of other destabilising agendas and provides the pretext for civil disobedience and destabilising of society.
Resist the above and be despised!
Regrettably all those ‘causes’ have been shaped to give the impression that they are expressions of principles and ideologies that are soundly grounded on the very best sciences and are embraced by sane, intelligent, informed, compassionate and loving people – and failure to embrace them reveals bigotry, intolerance and hatred!
And such people who resist the ‘new’ principles should be despised! The message is that a ‘brave new world’ awaits us if only we will –
- Throw aside the chains of past values – especially those that have a Judeo-Christian foundation – that have hindered us for so long.
- Reject the Bible as a source of moral teaching!
- Discard the primitive concept that there is an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent God and scorn those who believe in him!
- Admit that ancient moral guidelines not only have no place in the modern world but they are also detrimental to our progress!
So, under the pretext of creating a caring and loving environment we have seen the exposure of ugly and evil attitudes that are opposite to all that is good.
But this is not new! Over 2700 years ago the prophet Isaiah wrote some words that also describe the generation in which we live…‘Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter‘ (Isaiah 5:20).
How different from those words are those that are sung by the evil-oriented rock group Queen who express the spirit of the age in the words of one of their songs:
Listen all you people, come gather round
‘I gotta get me a game plan, gotta shake you to the ground
Just give me what I know is mine,
People do you hear me, just give me the sign,
It ain’t much I’m asking, if you want the truth
Here’s to the future for the dreams of youth,
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now,
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.’
Christians are in a battle today
In the face of all this pressure today to conform to the false agenda, the words of Romans 12:2 give us this warning: ‘Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould’ (JB Phillips translation).
- We are living in very troubling times and as Christians we must not hide under the blanket and pretend that this march of evil is either not taking place or it is of no concern to us. But if we are to pray intelligently for our world, it should be a concern for us!
- We are in a battle in which we really need to take seriously Paul’s advice – ‘Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand’ (Ephesians 6:11-13).
God is still in control! Hallelujah! ‘O Lord, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you’ (2 Chronicles 20:6).
Dr Jim McClure, author of several books and Bible study series, welcomes questions from Christians seeking enlightenment on biblical perspectives.
Recommended are his enlightening and Looking for Answers in a Confusing World; also Grace Revisited, Overview of the Old and New Testaments, Love, Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage, The Masonic Deception, Word of Life in the Old and New Testaments, Interpreting the Letter of James. All are available in electronic version in EPUB, Kindle and PDF formats with hyperlinks and offered free. Link for orders and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org