(August 24, 2021) Martyn Iles, ACL Managing Director challenges Australian Christians to reach more people with God’s truths…
Never lose faith that God is still working, even in contemporary Australia.
I’ve seen it at The Truth of It – LIVE meetings. The electricity in the air, the enthusiasm in people’s hearts, the unity among churches, age groups, and ethnicities. The genuine love of Christ. I’ve never seen anything like it.
The challenge is not only to keep those fires burning – but to send sparks flying into more places – so others will hear God’s truth and come to know Christ. And those sparks fly through people like you.
Serve as ‘salt’ in this generation
God’s truth is made known through you as you stand up for Christ in your local community and resist unjust laws. That’s what it means to be ‘salt’, as the Bible says – to stop the rot and decay that’s all around us (Matthew 5:13).
Today, I’m asking for your help to raise up more men, women, and young people like you to be the salt our nation needs.
Your partnership makes a big difference – because now there are over 2,000 volunteers and over 200,000 people who invest and pray – but there is so much more we can do together. Your investment today will grow this movement by helping to:
- Appoint volunteer Local Campaign Organisers (LCOs) in all 151 federal electorates nationwide. Currently, there are LCOs in 83 electorates.
- Mobilise 5,000 volunteers who can serve with their LCOs during National Days of Action. These events, held every six weeks, enable teams to letterbox homes, make phone calls, lobby MPs, and raise awareness about issues that matter to Christians like you.
- Recruit more staff to organise and support the volunteer movement. Sandra Karlin is now the National Director-Field and more staff are set to join her team to serve the army of passionate volunteers.
Duty-bound to oppose controversial issues
The momentum is strong, and I think this movement is growing because there’s a sense that Christians have been too quiet for too long. Many believers have tried to avoid the controversial issues instead of facing them… to our peril.
Meanwhile, you see activists of all kinds pushing their agendas through schools, governments, media, businesses, Big Tech, and sporting codes, as well as new legislation being introduced which, in the name of God’s truth, you and I are duty-bound to oppose.
- We’re beginning to realise that silence is not an option.
- We are called to be a voice for truth in this cultural moment. If we don’t assume that responsibility under God, our nation will continue to slide towards inevitable moral decay.
- We’ll see our children indoctrinated with immoral, dangerous ideologies.
- We’ll see people’s lives devastated by the choices they made that are based on lies, promoted by activists, and permitted by bad legislation.
It’s not a stretch to say that Australia will become a vastly different place – for the worse – if you and I don’t faithfully serve as the salt in our generation by resisting evil and preserving truth.
You have a huge opportunity today to help mobilise thousands of Christians to speak up about critical issues in our culture and politics. To work together to hold rallies, lobby MPs, unite in prayer, educate communities, and more – so that truth is made public.
But your help is needed to fuel this grassroots activity in your suburb. In towns and cities all over Australia. Beyond anything ever seen before in our nation.
So, please consider how you could invest today to help expand this exciting movement – by recruiting, training, and mobilising more Christians to get involved in grassroots political action.
The bigger this movement grows, the more our nation’s leaders will take notice.
Thank you for considering my request – and for any special gift you can give today to mobilise more Christians to be salt in our nation. Together, you and I can go further to make truth public at a time when it is desperately needed. I’m grateful for you!
Further info: Australian Christian Lobby National Office, Eternity House, 4 Campion St, Deakin ACT 2600 Ph: (02) 6175 0200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://www.acl.org.au