(December 14, 2017) Maureen McQuillan brings an encouraging Christmas linked thought…
Worrying doesn’t solve our problems or lift our burdens! In fact it causes us to ‘stew’ over matters and they hang around causing additional headaches and trouble minds and hearts!
Thought: It’s almost Christmas… think of young Joseph and the burdens that he could have been carrying some 2000 years ago and worrying over…
- Newly married… to a young girl with whom he’s never been sexually intimate and discovers she’s pregnant!
- Then has a strange notification by an angel that the baby was conceived by the very Spirit of God!
- Has to take the pregnant Mary with him to Bethlehem to register for a census!
- This approximately 160km trip would have taken them 8-10 long days of walking.
- Probably a scary, uncomfortable journey for the young pregnant Mary, but what about Joseph?
- Then at Bethlehem, he’s unable to find lodgings as the time of her delivery of this babe draws so close!
I like Joseph’s attitude to his uncertainties when he first contemplated what lay ahead if he honoured marriage with his beloved… like his forefather, David, he too was obviously a man after God’s own heart. (more…)