(November 18, 2016) Maureen McQuillan reminisces …
Years ago Robert and I had the opportunity of a wonderful short break away from our busy ministry schedule.
Some thoughtful friends kindly arranged a stay in the Hepburn Springs area in a miner’s cottage that was over a hundred years old.
I admit to being a little apprehensive about what the condition of that old cottage might be, especially as the weather had turned quite cold.
What we found was most unexpected!
Each room was warmly and beautifully furnished in Victorian period style, inviting seating in front of the open fireplace which had been set with logs and pine cones, ready for lighting (which we immediately put a match to!).
Panelled walls, lace and velvet curtains, a proliferation of old books (which Robert delighted in), ornaments, paintings, lamps and other items from bygone days gave the cottage a special touch and warmth. Welcoming music playing, fresh bread, fruit and farmhouse breakfast food on the table, even chocolates and a candle for a romantic evening, all added to the effect. (more…)
- PENNSYLVANIA – spiritual boldness
- USA – Atheists don’t have no songs!
- HIGHTON, Vic, Australia – Different kind of Pentecost Sunday emphasis
- UK – London’s first Muslim Mayor
Boldness for ministry
Author Hope Flinchbaugh shares how the Holy Spirit changed ministries …
In the book of Acts we read how the Holy Spirit came in wonderful power and filled his people with boldness – enabling them to minister the gospel ‘with signs following.’
- Acts 4:31 – ‘After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.’
- Acts 9:28 – ‘So Saul stayed with them and moved about freely in Jerusalem, speaking boldly in the name of the Lord.’
- Acts 14:3 – ‘So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.’
Robert and Maureen McQuillan inspire hungry kingdom seekers!
We’ve always encouraged Christians to …
- Be bold in trusting Jesus
- Believe in themselves
- Know that God has a wonderful future for his children
- Experience the voice and peace of the Holy Spirit
- Dare follow his leadings.
Commitment leads to obedience, trusting, discovery, fulfilment
Several months ago we had emphasised these truths to a young couple in whom we have always observed a strong commitment to serving the Lord and obeying his directions. They shared what they believed God wanted them to do and be – including moving locale and ministries. Believing they’d heard most accurately from him, we encouraged them to ‘go for it!’ (more…)