(February 20, 2022) Robert McQuillan challenges:
Seems that our main theme this month is on trusting God… and how vital that is as further disasters hit our already troubled world and people, including Christians, have many concerns, such as –
- Storm Eunice hitting the UK, Ireland, and parts of Europe, following its predecessor Storm Dudley.
- variants of viruses including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 and can/ may change over time.
- Strange times, as some have put it, with strange things happening.
- Possible war between Russian and Ukraine.
- Hospital staff shortage and other medical concerns.
- Matthew 24:8’s ‘All these are the beginning of birth pains’ mentioned by Jesus?
- Possibility, maybe probability of really being close to that hour (known only by Father God – Matthew 24:36) when Jesus Christ returns as THE GREATEST KING OF ALL AND THE MOST POWERFUL LORD OF ALL (to quote capitalised Revelation 19:16NIrV).But prior to this, a one-world-government and currency, and the revealing of the anti-Christ (Read Daniel’s prophecies).
Worried? Well… remember how Jesus encouraged His troubled, worried disciples.
John 14:1GNB tells us: ‘Do not be worried and upset. Believe in God and believe also in me.’
That’s what faith and hope are really all about! Trusting God! No wonder the Message Bible puts it even more pointedly: ‘Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me.’
So let’s treat ‘this’ as ‘anything’ and not be ‘thrown’ as Jesus encourages. Why? Because it’s easy to think that Christians can’t be thrown by life’s curves – but it happens! Indeed, in life there are many things that throw us… if we let them.(more…)